YOUNG EVENTERS PROGRAMME
Bringing education, training and welfare to talented young riders and their horses, supporting their futures.
The Wesko Equestrian Foundation launched its first project in 2018, the Young Eventers Programme. We aim to support the transition from Young Rider to Senior and amateur to professional.
WHAT DO THE RIDERS GET FROM OUR MENTORS?
- Each rider benefits from the development of a bespoke training plan with Pippa Funnell and money can’t buy mentoring both at Pippa’s yard and at events in the UK and around the world.
- Support from former Team GBR Eventing Team Manager and World Class Performance Manager, Yogi Breisner.
- An insight into developing and managing a world class sports horse stable and one of the world’s best-known studs – The Billy Stud.
Photo: Nigel Goddard
WHAT DOES THE EDUCATION SIDE INCLUDE?
The riders have the opportunity to attend education sessions with our partner, A Young Riders Academy, under the patronage of the European Equestrian Federation.
Through this partnership, riders are given the opportunity to attend events such as the Geneva International Horse Show, one of the world’s most prestigious indoor jumping events.
With additional monthly private Social Media coaching, online guided Pilates sessions, readily accessible mental coaching sessions and both Yogi Breisner and Pippa Funnell on speed-dial, the Programme aims to fully support its riders in every area of their Eventing careers.
Across the year the following subjects are delivered in-depth by leading industry experts:
- Equine Veterinary Science
- Team – building and management
- Mental coaching and Sport Psychology
- Finance & Economics
- Marketing & Media Communication